Linking to your MIS / Admin System
TimeTabler & Options have links (and been Partners with) all the main MIS in the UK, and several others around the World. Some of these relationships have been in force for over 20 years and are very strong.
We can interact with your MIS (/ Admin System / SIS) in a variety of ways (see below) and you can use whichever of them your MIS offers, according to your school's needs (please ask if you need more information about your specific MIS):
1) Import of Basic Data: in your first year of using TimeTabler, you will want to get a “head-start” by importing a list of your Basic Data (Teachers, Subjects and Rooms) from your MIS into TimeTabler.
- What to do: Importing Basic Data into TimeTabler
2) Scheduling: You will then use all the tools in TimeTabler to schedule your timetable.
This part is done independently of your MIS, so that your school timetabler can concentrate on creating next year's timetable.
We provide lots of help & support for you to do this, in 12 ways.
3) Export your final timetable: from TimeTabler to your MIS:
Once you have completed your timetable in TimeTabler, you will want to export it to your MIS.
- More information: Exporting your timetable from TimeTabler
That is the basic process, but there are extra transfers you can perform if you need / wish to:
A) Re-export your timetable: If you need to make major changes to your timetable mid-year, you can do this in TimeTabler, and then re-export the new / modified timetable to your MIS.
B) Review changes made in your MIS: Most MIS allow smaller changes to your timetable to be made in the MIS (eg: room swaps in September). You can send these changes back to TimeTabler.
C) Student Options (Electives): Similar links are available between Options and your MIS.
- What to do: Import Students into Options